Wednesday 30 September 2015

Friend or Frenemy?

I’ve been duped more times than I can count by “friends” who were not really friends.  These so called “friends” whom we now call frenemies who stab you in the back, kick you when you’re down, and take advantage of your generosity. So how can you tell if a friendship is lifelong or just a fly by night relationship which may or may not be mutually satisfying?


Friendships should be beneficial to both parties. They should share the qualities of honesty, loyalty, trustworthiness and unconditional acceptance. Without these elements we tend to have superficial relationships with our friends which makes maintaining these relationships difficult. As we change and grow what we want from a friendship also changes.


Some of us invest so much into our friendships and we want a long term payback on that investment. Often, it just doesn’t happen.


When I think about my friends, my deep and truly lasting relationships, what I notice is that my true friends have witnessed my growth. They have celebrated with me, and I them, for each milestone in our lives. We have time under our belts together.  Which begs the questions does time build friendships?


But yet, some of those powerful relationships have also become stale-dated. Relationships of all sorts need to be cultivated and nourished, friendships are no different in that respect. Good friends work together through harder times and the relationship continues to be mutually beneficial.


The one thing I know, is that friendships need to be nurtured and cared for like a garden and it has to work both ways.  For now, I continue to make myself vulnerable knowing I am true to who I am and hoping my influence will enhance the lives of those I touch.


If you or someone you know needs help overcoming a broken friendship then hypnosis may well help to build your confidence again in relationships.


www.scopehypnosis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment